Thursday, August 28, 2008

Tears of the Moon by Nora Roberts


The second in the Irish trilogy, this story continues with Brenna O'Toole and Shawn Gallagher, childhood friends who realize that as adults there is something more between them. They decide to have a fling, but Shawn starts to realize that Brenna is one he wants to keep.

I enjoyed this story, but I wouldn't say I loved it. It resembled the last book I read of hers, "Heaven and Earth". Her formula tom-boy heroine, and absentminded easy going hero were in evidence. I'd say I enjoyed the setting and feel more than the characters. I just can't relate to a tom-boy chick. It doesn't compute. I enjoyed that the ghost Gwen and fae Carrick made appearances, and I am looking forward to reading the conclusion of this trilogy and seeing Gwen and Carrick together again after so many years.

No comments: