Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer reading challenge wrap up

My Summer reading Challenge on Shelfari is complete, and here are a few questions we were asked to answer:

If you could recommend ONE book for others to read in the Fall Challenge, what would it be and why?
Definitely "Intimate Enemies" by Shana Abe. It was a very moving story with an unusual setting and two of my most favorite characters ever.

What was the worst book you read?
Probably "Deceptions" by Amanda Quick. It just didn't follow through, the characters were boring, and I was very disappointed in it.

Was there an author you found that you LOVED or HATED?
Any authors I loved I already knew I loved, and I tried a new author (Brenda Joyce), and while I didn't dislike the book, I got a clear enough picture of what sort of story she writes and I won't be reading anymore of hers. I didn't appreciate her idea of romantic.

Did you review books that were reviewed by other readers? If so, were the reviews alike or totally different?
I think a couple books were read by others as well. I don't recall exactly, but they differed a little. One I didn't like (Silver Angel), but someone else did.

Any other Comments or Suggestions?
Looking forward to the Fall Reading Challenge, but I am also enjoying reading anything that strikes my fancy while I wait!

No comments: