Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jewels of the Sun by Nora Roberts


I can sum this book up in one word: Charming. Set in modern day Ireland, this story is about an American woman who feels the need to get away from the job she hates and get back to her Irish roots and find herself again. So she journeys to Ireland, and moves into a cottage on Fairy Hill where a now dead distant relative used to live. In the small village she finds magic, ghosts, fairies, friends, and love.

The magical elements are never over-powering, and in fact lend even more charm to the story. The village people are fun and lively and they jump off the page. The author does such a great job I wished I could jump into the book and live there too! The romance was sweet and charming. I loved this book and I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy!! I give it 5 stars!

No comments: