Friday, August 15, 2008

Heaven and Earth by Nora Roberts


The second in the Three Sisters trilogy, this story was about Riley Todd. As in the first book, she is fighting her gift of magic and tries to ignore it as much as she can. But when charmingly nerdy MacAlister Booke shows up on the island looking to study the magic of the three women, Ripley finds herself drawn to him and before she knows it she has fallen in love with this lovable absent-minded nerd. And to her dismay, she can't ignore her powers any longer if she wants to save the man she loves.

I wasn't overly thrilled with this book. I enjoyed the first book of the series SO much more. This was easy to put down and didn't really ever grab me. I wavered between liking the heroine, and being thoroughly irritated by her. She's very sarcastic and harsh and she swears a lot, which I didn't enjoy. The hero was adorable. I normally don't like nerdy heroes, but this one was a good one. I think I'm over the witch-theme, just like I'm over vampires. I'll finish out the trilogy -- I'm looking forward to reading Mia's story.

No comments: