Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Swept Away by Marsha Canham


Annaleah is visiting her aunt on the seashore when a nearly-naked man washes up in a nearby tide pool. He comes to long enough to say, "They need to know the truth, before it's too late". Her aunt recognizes him as Emory Althorpe, an adventurer who has been recently branded a traitor and spy for Napoleon. Anna knows this can't be true the more she gets to know this man, so she agrees to help him clear his name despite the danger and possible consequences if she is also branded a traitor for helping him....

I read this while on vacation, and it was pretty good. Not as much romance as I would have liked. It was a lot of running around, here and there, everywhere, trying to escape people trying to capture them and figure out who is trying to frame Emory. I admit the mystery of who the real traitor is took me by surprise, so I like that it wasn't too predictable. Over all it didn't excite me too much, but it was a nice easy read!!

No comments: