Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Passion by Lisa Valdez


Rating: 5 +++

Synopsis: Young widow Passion Dare thought she'd never love again. But a handsome earl has been pursuing her- and after a lifetime of propriety, Passion ponders throwing caution to the wind. After several heady encounters, the pair must face blackmail, learn a shocking truth-and choose between duty and desire.

Review: This book blew me away. I have been hearing about it for years, and finally got my butt in gear and got a copy of it. This is the authors only book, so far, so I had no idea what I was getting, really, when I began it. It is one of those books that grabbed me and didn't want to let me go until I finished it. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it and plotting when I could get back to it. This book is HOT. Burning. Sizzling. Smutty. Wicked. Fabulous. Even amidst all the hottness of this book, the author also manages to make you feel the love and the struggles of the Passion and Mark. It's emotional AND hot. Not to mention well written. I now join the throng of fans waiting for book 2 -- a book that was supposed to be out years ago, but for some unknown reason has not been released yet. I will be at the bookstore on the release day. I will willingly pay full price for the next fabulous book.

No comments: