Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward


Challenge: read a book from AAR's top 100.
Rating: 5

Synopsis: The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

Review: I began reading this book years ago, but at that point I had been avidly reading other vampire books for several years, so by the time I got around to reading this I thought I might scream if I read about one more blood sucking vampire. So about mid-way through I took it back to the UBS. Years later, I have taken many years off of vamps, and at many recommendations I decided to give this series another go of it. Not only did I FINISH it this time, but I LOVED it. There was a lot going on in this book. Lots of set up, but it was all interesting set up. Lots of action, lots of romance, lots and lots of hot vampires. I read all 400 pages of this book in one day, which is unheard of for me these days, but I simply could not stop turning the pages. I hope the rest of the BDB series is as fantastic as this first book.

No comments: