Friday, June 19, 2009

Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward

Rating: 4

B&N overview: Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetite. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns a ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin.

Possessed by this dark side, Rhage fears the times when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him. When Mary Luce is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world, she must rely on Rhage's protection. Knowing that Mary feels the same intense animal attraction, Rhage must make her his alone...

Review: I enjoyed this book a lot. I didn't love it quite as much as Dark Lover, but still a good solid installment. It wasn't as action packed as I expected it to be. And the sexual tension was just ok. I had a hard time with what happened the night they finally had sex, but oddly enough, I forgave Rhage fairly quickly. His heart was in the right place anyway. I was sooooo totally icked out by what happened to the one guy at the hands of the Omega. Seriously. So gross. I was disappointed that the one guy didn't die in this book, because I have a feeling that it will come up again or something, and frankly, I would prefer to avoid that mental picture again. Moving on, I liked Mary. She wasn't my most favorite heroine of all time, but I didn't dislike her at all. I just didn't feel any kind of kinship with her. I am very much looking forward to reading the next book since this one left off on a slight cliff hanger!!

2 comments:

Cindy W said...

This one was okay for me... but wait until you get to Lover Awakened!!!!

Roberta said...

I am definitely reading Lover Awakened for my twin challenge!