Thursday, October 16, 2008

Savage Thunder by Johanna Lindsey


Jocelyn Fleming is a feisty redheaded widow on the run. When her elderly British husband dies, his son is furious that his dad left most of his money to Jocelyn and hires someone to find her and bring her back. Jocelyn runs away to America and with her large caravan of guards and servants and travels around dodging "Longnose" (her pet name for the hunter). A botched attempt on her life by Longnose brings half-breed Colt Thunder into her life when he helps her escape her overturned carriage. Jocelyn decides that Colt will be the perfect man to help her dispose of her virginity to keep any future husband from knowing her deceased husband and she were never intimate. Neither count on the fling turning into something more and lasting.

I enjoyed this book. It didn't wow me or anything, but it was a good light read with lots of adventure. I haven't read a western for a while, and this was a western through and through with several gun fights, sleeping on the range, etc. Jocelyn is lovably aristocratic and ladylike without being annoying, and Colt was very hot and there is an AWESOME love scene on a horse. LOL!! Kind of made me wish I knew how to ride..... I had to find this old bodice ripper cover to post with it since #1, it's the cover I have, and #2 I like the old racy covers. ;)

No comments: