Friday, October 17, 2008

The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt


Wow!!! Count me in on the new fan bandwagon!! This book was too fabulous for words. Widowed Anna Wren is in need of a job to keep food on the table for herself, her mother-in-law, and their maid. It just so happens that Edward, The Earl of Swartingham, is in desperate need of a secretary. While this solution is not entirely ideal to both parties at first, it solves both of their problems. The love between the two grows in a very sweet and believable way, and when Edward feels like he absolutely cannot hold on to his lust for another second, he decides to visit London and the brothel he has frequented in the past to satisfy his baser needs. Anna finds out his plan and is furious ... until the fates give her a chance to be one he spends the night with him at the brothel without his knowledge.

I started this book before bed, and then could not tear my eyes from it for 2 1/2 hours before finally forcing myself to go to bed. It was wonderful, sweet, and engrossing. Words can not describe how much I loved this book. I loved Edward so much. I was intrigued by the "ugly" aspect (pox scars), and I was amused at his fondness for throwing nic-nacs when angry. It made him oddly endearing. This is a comfort read through and through!!!

No comments: