Tuesday, October 7, 2008

A Highlander Never Surrenders by Paula Quinn


The sequel to Laird of the Mist, Graham jumps into the hero role in this story. When he saves Claire from a band of robbers, he finds he can't quite let this sword wielding hellion just go on her merry way, despite her insistence that she will be fine. When he realizes she is relative of the king, and the sister of the man he is trying to track, he decides he just can't let her go. When Graham is told by Claire that her brother Connor is dead and that he was killed in an ambush, it's up to them to find out who the true traitor is.

Honestly, I don't know what happened with this book. Laird of the Mist was funny, charming, sweet, and a delight to read. This was not funny, not charming, and not a delight to read. Frankly it was a bit boring. I tried, I really did. Just reading this book made me feel sleepy. It moved very slowly, Graham was just ok for me, and Claire was a serious tom-boy, and the funny band of warriors were not in this story -- I guess they were having a serious day. I was really disappointed in this book, and that pains me to say.

No comments: