Thursday, December 3, 2009

Covet by J.R. Ward


I waited months for this book. I put it on my wish list at the library, on paperback swap, and waited with bated breath for my name to come up.... finally, the library sent me a notice -- it was on hold for me!! Yippy! Then I started it.

I'm afraid I only got about 130-ish pages in. Fallen Angel? He's just a guy who stepped in a puddle that had live electricity laying on it. Heaven? Sure, if you think of heaven as a couple of English chaps playing croquet next to a castle as heaven.... His sign to direct him to the person he is supposed to help? A neon arrow on the screen of a mounted TV pointing down to his boss who stands beneath it. The heroine? Oh, she's a 'lady of the night' in a seedy goth club. Sigh. I can't fairly give this book any kind of number of hearts since I couldn't bring myself to finish it, but suffice to say, I will be passing on this series.

No comments: