Sunday, August 9, 2009

In Too Deep by Lori Foster

Rating: 3 ♥
I was trying to write a synopsis for this book, but it's one of those that sounds hopelessly confusing when trying to describe the story line. So I think I will give up and just say what I thought about it. I can sum it up in one short word: Eh. If 'eh' is a real word, that is. It has a heroine named Charlie (I am SO not a fan of girls with boys names). And she's a tough cookie. The only thing feminine about her is her frilly bedroom -- which incidentally seemed odd and out of place to me. I get that Foster is trying to say, 'hey, look, she's not all boy-ish', but it just didn't work for me. I wasn't feeling this book at all. It had it's moments, and I'm glad I read it, but if you don't already have this number on the 'ol TBR, I'd say don't bother. It was just Ok. There was no 'blaze' to it.

No comments: