Thursday, December 4, 2008

Some Like It Wicked by Teresa Medeiros

Challenge: Read a book published in 2008

This book was chosen by default for this particular challenge, as I almost never buy new books, so I didn't have a large number of new releases floating around on my shelves. This was a very quick read -- I read it within 2 days without even really trying to get through it fast. The characters are likable and interesting -- especially Robert the Bruce the obese cat. I think he was the most amusing character in the book. LOL! While I enjoyed this story it never really moved me or wowed me. It was cute and sweet and I enjoyed the ending a lot. I enjoyed the humor. There were several laugh out loud moments in here that show the authors quirky sense of humor. I have to share one of my favorite lines from the book:

He couldn't have marked his territory any more clearly had he piddled on her kid boots like one of her aunt Margaret's ill mannered spaniels.

No comments: