Monday, November 3, 2008

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb


So, I didn't actually finish this book. I realize I am going to be in a major minority here, but I had trouble getting into it, and I read through half the book trying to get into the story. It wasn't that it wasn't good, it just wasn't to my taste. Eve is a pretty moody and damaged, and she has a hard job. Frankly, the thought of reading an on-going series about her and her job is kind of depressing to me. In this particular book she is trying to find someone who is killing prostitutes, and some of the subject matter is graphic and rather violent. I did enjoy Roarke as a hero. His caring and suave charm towards Eve was endearing, but I can't see reading the whole series just for him. I'll be chalking up this series as not for me.

No comments: