Monday, September 22, 2008

Blade's Lady by Fiona Brand


Description: Anna Tarrant has always assumed that her "knight" in her dreams is not real. He has been there in her head to comfort her through many difficult times. Anna's stepfather has been trying to kill her and gain control of her fortune and family company since she was a girl, and after one attempt as a young adult Anna decides to go into hiding until she is of age to claim her fortune and company, or she knows she will never survive. Finally, her birthday a mere couple of weeks away, Anna has been on the run for seven years, and she knows that she will soon be able to come out of hiding -- but her stepfather has hired a hit man to kill her, and now she is in more danger than ever. Blade has been having dreams about a mysterious sexy red head for years, and now he has finally found her. Fiercely determined to keep her, he has to call upon all of his special forces training to keep her safe and convince her that she deserves a happily-ever-after.

Review: I have a new author to search high and low for. I absolutely had trouble tearing my gaze away from this book, I was utterly mesmerized by the story from the very first page on. With high emotional intensity that reminds me of an oldie Linda Howard, this book has it all and more. Blade was the perfect modern "knight" to Anna's damsel in distress. Call me old fashioned, but I love a modern knight in shining armor who will go to any lengths to save his true love. This comfort read is off to my keeper shelf!!!

No comments: