Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It Had to be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Rating: 5 ♥

The Windy City isn't quite ready for Phoebe Somerville -- the outrageous, curvaceous New York knockout who has just inherited the Chicago Stars football team. And Phoebe is definitely not prepared for the Stars' head coach Dan Celebow, a sexist jock taskmaster with a one-track mind. Celebow is everything Phoebe abhors.

Review: I thought I didn't like SEP, having tried one of her oldies once up a time and hating it and never finishing it, so I read this book kicking and screaming. I stopped screaming soon into starting it. Wow!!!!! Lets just say that I wasn't half way through before I made a mad dash for my local UBS and bought out everything they had of hers. Talk about a turn around! I nearly got whiplash! Utterly fabulous. I found it funny, sexy (wowser), and it had a lot of heart. I have never read anything quite like it before. Phoebe was a wonderful heroine -- one of my favorite types. The type who has a public face that is so unlike who she really is, and the hero catches a glimpse of the real woman and stops at nothing to 'unmask' her and find out what makes her tick. I LOVED Dan. He's a wonderful hero and also one of my favs -- uncivilized. I do love me an uncivilized and rough around the edges hero. Yum.

1 comment:

Christina said...

This is one of my favorite books. You are in for a treat when you get to Dream a Little Dream and Kiss an Angel. Two of my very favorite books by her.