Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas

Rating: 5 ♥
Synopsis: When an unexpected inheritance elevates her family to the ranks of the aristocracy, Amelia Hathaway discovers that tending to her younger sisters and wayward brother was easy compared to navigating the intricacies of the ton. Even more challenging: the attraction she feels for the tall, dark, and dangerously handsome Cam Rohan.

Wealthy beyond most men's dreams, Cam has tired of society's petty restrictions and longs to return to his "uncivilized" Gypsy roots. When the delectable Amelia appeals to him for help, he intends to offer only friendship-but intentions are no match for the desire that blindsides them both. But can a man who spurns tradition be tempted into that most time-honored arrangement: marriage? Life in London society is about to get a whole lot hotter...

Review: Absolutely Fabulous. THIS is some of Kleypas' best work!! I was completely drawn in. Amelia is so genuine and real, a fantastic heroine. Cam is just total yumminess. Larger than life and so very manly! I enjoyed the set-up for the next book about Win and Kev as well. They broke my heart. The only character I was not a huge fan of was their brother Leo, who they start out the book looking for because he is an opium adicted loser. I get that she (Kleypas) must have uses for him since he survived the book, though I had my doubts that he would, the idiot oaf. I thought the mild ghost element was different. Not sure if I liked it or not... it kind of threw me a little. Over all, this was a throughly engaging, highly romantic, and enjoyable read. I hated to see it end.

No comments: