Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Highland Warrior by Monica McCarty


Challenge: Read a book with a Romeo and Juliet type theme (opposite sides of a feud)
Rating: 5

The ruthless enforcer of Scotland’s most powerful clan, Jamie Campbell will use any means necessary to vanquish lawlessness and unrest among the feuding Highland clans. Seduction is a game as easily played as subterfuge, but when Jamie poses a as suitor to a rival clan’s daughter in order to expose treason, the line between duty and pleasure is suddenly blurred. Ebony-haired, ruby-lipped Caitrina Lamont defies him, denies him, and arouses him like no other woman.

Caitrina has no intention of forsaking her beloved father and doting brothers for a husband–especially a hated Campbell. But Jamie’s raw, sensual strength and searing kiss melt her resistance. When her idyllic world is shattered, Caitrina’s only hope to save her clan lies in the arms of Jamie Campbell, the enemy she holds accountable for its ruin. Can their tenuous truce, born in the velvet darkness of passionate nights, forge a love as strong as the sword that rules the Highlands?

Review: I just LOVE this author!! This book reminded me of her first book, "Highlander Untamed", (which also had a feuding clan theme for those who are still looking for a book for this one) which was my favorite of hers. This book grabs and doesn't let go. It got especially exciting about 100 pages in, at which point I became oblivious to everything around me because I was so absorbed in the story. I so felt for Catriona and wondered how she was going to forgive the terrible wrongs done to her by her enemy. I also felt for Jamie and how torn he was between Catriona and his own duty. My only gripe about this book was that Catriona took a little too long to trust Jamie. It got to the point where she was bordering on petulant child. Other than that, this book was gripping, romantic, hot sex, and action-filled. I highly recommend it!

No comments: