Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Say No To Joe? by Lori Foster


Rating: 5 hearts
Back cover:

Joe Winston has a routine with women: he exists; they swoon; roll credits. With his smoldering looks, macho style, and irrepressible charm, Joe can have any woman -- except the one he really wants. Secretly, Luna Clark may lust after Joe, but she's made it clear that she's too smart to fall for him. He can just keep holding his breath, thank you very much. But now, Luna's inherited two kids who need more than she alone can give in a small town that seems hell-bent on driving them away. She needs someone to help out...someone who can't be intimidated...someone just like Joe. Becoming an instant family wasn't exactly what Joe had in mind, but hey, it's a start, and you can't blame a guy for trying every angle.

After all, where there's a Joe, there's a way...straight into a woman's heart.

Review:
When I first 'met' Joe in "Wild" I loved him. Couldn't wait for his story. When I realized Luna (also in "Wild") would be the heroine, I was a little less enthusiastic. I liked her as a colorful kooky secondary character, but wasn't so sure about her as a heroine. Well, I have to say this paring absolutely worked! From the first I was caught up in the action, sexual tension, and fascinating story. Joe's protection of Luna and the kids is endearing and funny. This was just a charming story that was easy and fun to read. I am looking forward to reading about Jamie... he's quite the puzzle!



No comments: